Saturday, June 7, 2008

Stewie's Day at the Park

Stewie's Day at the Park is an animation exercise that demonstrates post jumping. To help us get a more advanced look at the 12 principles we had amazing lectures that featured some of todays top animators such as Dave Mullins from Pixar Animation Studios. After all of the amazing comments from fellow students and my mentor here is the final piece.



Now lets take a few steps back and I'll show you how I got to this final, starting with shooting reference and then moving onto blocking.

Even though this is very embarrassing to show, it is an essential part. Before I even turn Maya on, I think of my idea and then film myself trying to do the action. Then I study the film and break it down to the best shots that I would want to use to help plan out my sketches. Here is the reference video.





After I've made my sketches I then open up Maya and begin. As you will be able to see from the video below, I originally had the camera in a different spot. But thanks to some great comments I got, I changes the angle to show the front rather than the back. Here is the original blocked animation.




Then, I received my weekly critiques from my mentor and created the final animation at the top of the blog. Thank you.

No comments: