Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dialogue

Its been a couple of long crazy weeks since the last blog. I just got back from Siggraph in L.A and it was great. A big congrats to the winners of fjorg.. Awesome job.. Before I was of to Siggraph I finished up my pantomime piece, with the final cirtique on that. Here is the final rendered version..

height="361" width="448">

The follow weeks were the beginning of our dialogue piece. This piece had to be longer than 5 seconds but shorter than 10 seconds. The dialogue that I chose was from Night at the Museum. I started of by watching the weeks lecture by Delio Tramontozzi (ILM).He did a 2 part lecture on dialogue, that was awesome. After the lecture it was planning time. I took my sound clip and played it a billion times in order to remember it and then brought out the old digital camera for some reference footage.. From that footage I made an x sheet and some thumbnails. Here is what the first page of planning looks like.

Photobucket

Finally, its time for maya. At the end of this week this is what I have for the first pass of blocking..


height="361" width="448">

Now, its time to enjoy the rest of the night and start on my second blocking pass tomorrow.

No comments: