Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Sea Dragon : Line Art

Hey everyone! Lately I've been putting a new schedule together to try and do more art pieces and to more animations. This new piece is called The Sea Dragon and it was inspired by an amazing artist named Bobby Chiu, coral and the leafy sea dragon (actual creature). I thought about it and decided to take elements from the leafy sea dragon, an iguana and 2 pieces or coral to create my line drawing. I plan on digital painting this guy in a style that is a little different from the norm that I do. Its going to be ,hopefully, more on the fantasy realistic side (so still sort of stylized. not 100% realistic) than the children art look. Fingers crossed. Any comments or crits on the line art would be great before i take this little guy into the photoshop. Thanks everyone :)

1 comment:

. justin segal said...

Hi Amanda! I love Bobby Chiu's stuff and this piece looks great so far! Can't wait to see the photoshop version ...